Need to find some fun???
Adventure Sail aboard Californian
a unique one-of-a-kind adventure!
Adventure Sail is a four-hour adventure history sail aboard the schooner Californian.
The Californian is a replica of a gold rush era revenue cutter and the Official Tall Ship of the State of California.
Join the crew in sailing a traditionally rigged tall ship. Passengers will be invited to haul a line, man the helm and end their day with a cannon salute. Watch the crew as they scamper up and down the rigging to set and furl the sails. Listen as the Californian's crew relates the history of sailing and exploration in San Diego, tales of whaling and sea otter trade, local sea battles, the art of ship's gunnery, life at sea and more.
CHECK OUR CALENDAR for upcoming Adventure Sails.
CLICK HERE to take a video cruise aboard Californian during an Adventure Sail.
BUY NOW for Adventure Sail on Californian
- Adventure Sail is 4 hours
- Check-in ends at 11:30am*
- You must be checked-in before boarding, check-in ends at 11:30
- There is no late boarding!
- You can check-in as early as 9:00 am, enjoy the Museum before your sail.
- Return to museum at 4:00 pm
- *Schedule is subject to change. Any new times will be noted on ticket.
Bring a jacket, some sunscreen, a camera, and your sense of adventure. We recommend comfortable clothes, flat soft-soled shoes and a hat.
Feel free to bring your own bag lunch. Coolers, alcohol, or glass containers aren't permitted. We have coolers aboard if you need refrigeration. Beverages and snacks are available for purchase onboard.
• 18th Ballast Point Beer Festival
• Blue Whale Sunset Sail
• Channel Islands Sail & Kayaks
• Historic Bay Cruises, daily
• Match Racing
• Sailor Days Mondays
• Swift Boat Tours, weekends
• Tall Ship Adventures
On the Water Adventures: